Over the last 2 months, I’ve continued to add more features to the CrowdSwitch. As expected, the spec needs improvements each time I reach implementation; the latest version is released below. Our next steps are:
- Try to find some motivated software systems engineers who want to contribute development time to the project
- Continue to make progress on the code
IsoGrid Protocol Spec changelist for version 0.235 vs. 0.230:
- Clarified wording
- Simplified micro-transfers to use Energy
- Generalized concept of a Node vs. a Switch
- Removed IsoStreamFooter by decrementing an (integer) IsoStreamWordCount every time a word of the IsoStreamRoute is used up.
- Added a Tick field for producing more deterministic Energy behavior
- Added a Priority field for specifying the priority of µPkt and streams
- Merged HopCounter with µPktId with similar counting behavior
- Reduced HopCounter to 32 bits
- Created the concept of a IsoStream continuation to prevent the need for pre-allocating huge IsoStreams
- Added some more detail to Advertisements.
Here’s the latest spec:
To the extent possible under law, Travis.Martin has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to:
IsoGrid Protocol Specification v0.235.
This work is published from: United States.
This document is still an early draft. If you’d like to help improve it, contact Travis.Martin at this domain. Discussion at Hacker News!